step 13 - yellowstone wildlife

one of the most amazing things about Yellowstone National Park is the abundance of wildlife. The buffalo are everywhere... coyotes roam in heavily trafficed areas, even Grizzley bears and wolves run wild here... just take a look



this sign should be taken seriously


I didn't take the sign seriously


a bison in the mist


this coyote ran right along side of my Jeep


This was my first ever Yellowstone picture which was taken within the first 5 minutes in the park. My dad and I noticed this animal drinking out of the lake. At first we thought it was a coyote, however, when we got a bit closer, we noticed that it was way too big to be a coyote... we were looking at a wolf... holy shit! To me this was a big deal, as I have spoken with many people that have visited Yellowstone and/or lived in Alaska that have yet to see a wolf in the wild.


as if seeing a wolf wasn't enough... I also was lucky enough to see a Grizzley bear... this guy was probably 100-150 yards away and was still really freakin loud and HUGE... props to Field for having a camera with a nice zoom

No comments:

Post a Comment